Volunteer and Office Coordinator
Contract Position from September 18, 2017 to December 22, 2017
The Caring and Sharing Exchange (C&SE) is an Ottawa-based charity which provides assistance to local individuals and families in need. Founded in 1915, it traditionally operated as The Christmas Exchange, but rebranded in 2011 to better reflect the expanded services offered year-round.
The C&SE mission is to provide assistance during both the Christmas and back-to-school seasons through the Christmas Exchange program and the Sharing in Student Success program. The backbone of C&SE is the Co-ordination Service, which verifies any duplicate applications amongst over 250 local organizations in order to ensure equitable distribution of donor dollars in the community. The C&SE is also home to Kind Ottawa and the flagship event Kindness Week in Ottawa.
The C&SE is seeking a Volunteer and Office Coordinator to join our close-knit team to assist with our Christmas Exchange Program. As a key member of the organization, you will be managing the day-to-day operations of the office as well as coordinating our volunteer program.
- Recruit, provide orientation/training to volunteers for purposes including: general office duties, research, data entry, events, Christmas Cheer Breakfast/Broadcast, Running on Empties, Hamper Delivery, and other events and initiatives as needed
- Assist with the development and implementation of Strategy for Volunteer Retention, Recruitment and Recognition
- Process credit card donations
- Enter donations into the NetSuite Fundraising Portal
- Coordinate the logistics of events (including Hamper-Packing Day, Running on Empties, etc.)
- Merging and printing Direct Mail campaigns and issuing receipts/thank-you letters as needed
- Take a lead role with the Sponsor-a-Hamper Program, tracking and matching
- Assist with bookkeeping duties as required
- Other general office duties as required
- Post-secondary education or a combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to employ a high degree of discretion in dealing with confidential documents and information
- Demonstrate sound judgment, high integrity, and an ability to cultivate and build positive lasting relationships with donors, volunteers, prospective supporters, and the public
- Database experience (knowledge of NetSuite would be an asset)
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience coordinating volunteers
- Experience working within a non-profit organization would be an asset